Q: What is Quickscreen?
- Quickscreen is a product that enables you to pre-screen your patients to see if they are likely to be approved for CareCredit before they actually apply, all without affecting their credit score. The way this works is that certain basic patient information that you provide (Name, Address, Phone#) goes to a credit bureau for pre-approval decision making.
Q: Does CareCredit practice the selling of patient/customer’s personal data shared by its clients?
Q: What type of patient data is stored during a Quickscreen?
- The data that you provide with the Quickscreen request (e.g., full name and address.) is securely stored during the period in which the pre-approval offer is open.
Q: What if my patient/client isn’t showing as Pre-approved?
- Quickscreen does not always indicate the applicant cannot be approved on a standard application. Typical reasons why “unable to be pre-approved”:
- The applicant has previously opted out of credit Pre-approval processes.
- There is no match on the patient/client name.
- Recent changes in their credit bureau data or entry errors.
Q: How do I inform patients/clients they have been Pre-approved with Quickscreen?
- After discussing procedure costs with your patients/clients, provide your patients/clients with their CareCredit financing options. Inform them that they have been “Pre-approved for the CareCredit credit card” and state their credit limit. We suggest the following phrasing:
“Mrs. Jones, your share of the treatment we discussed comes to $1,638. You have already been Pre-approved for a CareCredit credit card with a credit line of $2,000. Your financing options include convenient monthly payments, enabling us to schedule the start of your treatment today.”
Q: Are the credit lines granted for Quickscreen the same as standard CareCredit? What if a credit line is insufficient?
- The Quickscreen dollar amount is the credit line able to be approved with the information available; this requires less information than the standard CareCredit application. The standard application takes the estimated fee into account in assessing the approved credit limit and, as a result, the approved credit limit may be greater.
A Credit Line Increase can also be requested during activation, based on patient/client requirements.
Q: My patient has an upcoming appointment, but I am not seeing their CareCredit status?
- Another reason why the patients may not show up with a CareCredit status is if the patient information present in RevenueWell is incomplete or inaccurate. The following information is required when searching for patient status:
- First and Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Correct and Complete Mailing Address of the Patient
- Correct and Complete Home Phone Number of the Patient- providing a cell phone number in the home phone number field will not yield a result.