You will want to organize the appointment settings to reflect the times and frequency that you are comfortable with patients scheduling without talking to a front desk receptionist. For example, you may want to allow a bit of prep time in between appointments, depending on your staff on certain days. You may also want to have 48-hour advance notice so that someone doesn't book the night before an 8 am opening. The best part - it's completely customizable for what best suits your practice!
Questions to ask yourself to help determine the best parameters to set:
- What times are appointments allowed to start?
- Every 15 minutes (9:00, 9:15, 9:30, 9:45…) or less frequently?
- Advanced Notice: what’s the soonest a patient could book their appointment?
- Calendar Range: what’s the farthest out a patient could book their appointment
- Calendar Availability: should available times be pulled from your operatory or provider calendar?”. Click HERE to learn more details about this feature!