Your patients can use a practice-specific link which guides them through selecting what "Appointment Type" they want to schedule - the reason for their visit!
Your patients will see the following screen (directed from the link) to start their online scheduling experience:
The patient will start by selecting one of the following:
- Exam & Cleaning
- New Patient Visit
- Virtual Visit
- Discussed Treatment
Practices can customize what they offer by following the following steps:
1. First, enable the tool - click Edit for each Appointment Type:
2. If you don’t offer this type of appointment, change the status to off
3. Decide if you need to adjust the duration
4. Toggle on Direct Scheduling to allow your patients to book their own appointment.
5. You’ll still have the chance to Approve the appointment and adjust if needed.
**If you turn it off, then patients can only request appointment times (you’ll need to contact them to book the appointment).
6. Add at least one provider who can be booked
7. Then, add new Appointment Types if you offer other kinds that aren’t listed
Date & Time:
Each appointment type can allow either:
Direct Scheduling: the patient selects a specific time and books the appointment themselves.
**Behind the scenes, you simply approve upon the final review
Appointment Requests: the patient proposes 3 times they’d like to come in.
**You review and contact them to book the appointment.
**You can customize which appointment types allow Direct Scheduling vs. Appointment Requests.
The patient can choose a specific provider or “any” if there’s no preference. When “any provider” is selected, the provider that has availability and appears farthest-right on the schedule is automatically assigned.
The practice can change the provider when they review the appointment.
Patient & Contact Info
The patient's full name, birthday, and either a phone number or email address are required for patient identification.
To learn more about how to publish your unique Online Scheduling link to different campaigns, your recall schedule, specific forms, Welcome Packets, etc., click HERE to review those steps!