What are Virtual Visits?
- Virtual Visits are video calls you can do with a patient. It gives you the ability to easily connect with a patient over video in an easy way that requires no setup for you or the patient. RevenueWell is offering this as a free feature at this time.
Why would I want to do this?
- Right now we are all dealing with the outbreak of COVID-19 and many offices are closed for everything except emergencies. Many patients and doctors alike don’t want to come into the office right if they don’t have to do so. Virtual Visits can make it easier to do triage for emergency situations as the patient can better show and describe issues over video than just phone. People can point to areas of their face or mouth and swelling may even be evident. Ultimately, this should give both the patient and the doctor more confidence in whether they need to meet face to face to evaluate the dental situation.
- This new feature might also offer doctors the time to go back through outstanding treatment plans to get back in touch with patients. They can likely present a more compelling case over video instead of just over the phone or email.
- Virtual Visits can also be used for new patient meet and greets, various consultations, second opinions, and specialist interaction.
Is this HIPAA compliant?
- Absolutely! RevenueWell is a HIPAA compliant solution and our Virtual Visits are part of that.
Why would I use this instead of Zoom or WebEx or Google Hangouts?
- You can use any of those to do video calls. The advantage of using RevenueWell is that you’ll find it much easier to start a session and get your patient to join. Since we are already integrated with your patient data, in two clicks you can send your patient a text message to join and be in the call.
- In addition, there is no setup for you or the patient.
**In the future, we will build even more features that are tailored to the needs of the doctor’s practice that relate to doing TeleHealth/TeleDentistry. These focused areas of TeleHealth/TeleDentistry are arenas that those Companies may not be developing as they are much more concentrated on videoconferencing for many different business types.
My patient is telling me that they can’t get to the Visit Room. What could be happening?
- If you asked them to type in the code, there’s a chance they did it incorrectly, so ask them to double-check it.
- If they are joining the visit from their phone, it’s possible their web browser is not supported. They need to be on one of our supported browsers and should upgrade to the latest version of the browser. (to see our complete list of supported browsers, scroll to the bottom of this FAQ article!)
Can I send this out to patients on the schedule in advance?
- At this time, you cannot send an invite to a patient in advance, as the Virtual Visits room will expire. It is best to send the patient the meeting information right before their appointment.
What happens if I am disconnected?
- You have a few options right now:
- Start a new Virtual Visit and send your patient the information again
- Go to join.patientconnect365.com and type in the Room ID
- Go to the link you sent your patient if you sent it over email or text and click on it
- If your patient is disconnected, let them know they can click back on the link you sent them to rejoin or they can type in the room ID at join.patientconnect365.com.
Can multiple doctors in the practice have visits at the same time?
- Yes they can!
Are we able to bill for teledentistry?
- While you will need to look into what you are able to do in your state and with the insurance companies you work with, teledentistry is a recognized procedure and has its own dental codes.
Can I do this on my phone?
- Yes: you should be able to if you are using Safari on iOS and Chrome or Firefox on Android. You will have to log in to RevenueWell via our website as this feature is not available in our mobile app yet.
How many people can be in a room at once?
- Two! The doctor and the patient.
What are the supported browsers for the Virtual Visits?