What is WebPhone?
- WebPhone gives you a way to make and receive calls from the RW practice portal. We know this could be extremely helpful if you aren’t in the office.
How is it different from RW Phone?
- RW Phone is a complete replacement for your practice's phone system. It's a full-featured unified communications solution that has great benefits for boosting front desk productivity and improving the patient experience. If you haven't revamped your phone system in years, RW Phone is definitely worth your consideration.
- RW WebPhone is a software-based solution that can let you make and receive phone calls right from RevenueWell without using your personal cell phone if you're working from home.
Is this part of my subscription?
- All RW customers are getting this for free
What does Web Phone cost?
- Nothing! RevenueWell built and released this as quickly as possible because we know many of you can’t use your practice phones or don’t want to be in the office and need an alternative.
**It does cost us money to provide for you though, so in the future, we will look to see where this fits in our product portfolio and how it will either become a subscription or become part of another package.
Does WebPhone offer voicemail capabilities?
- Absolutely! The voicemail feature allows you to set up a greeting for patients to be greeted in the event that you are unable to answer their call. You can customize your greeting to be general, to ask them to leave a detailed message, or to let them know specific information. For more information on how to set this feature up, click HERE to see step-by-step instructions!
Is there a limit on how many phone calls I can place?
- Not at this time.
How does this work?
- RW created a phone number for you to use in calling your patients. This phone number is the same as used for texting your patients’ appointment confirmations (unless you have hosted your practice phone number). It's your long code and it's noted below the keypad on WebPhone and in here:
Settings > Phone & SMS Settings
How do I make a call?
- To make a call, you can either dial using the keypad (click the phone icon on the left-hand dock to see it) or you can click the phone icon on a patient’s Messenger profile.
How do I receive calls?
- When a phone call comes in, you’ll get a notification screen and just click the Green icon to talk or the Red icon to hang up. Remember it will be on your computer, so you’ll need to talk through your computer speakers or get some headphones!
Which number do I need to tell my patients to call me on?
- There is a phone number that will show near the dial-pad. That’s the number you can distribute if you want customers to call you on your WebPhone.
- If you have Simultaneous Ring enabled, the patient will be able to call the office number that they have associated with your office and it will ring through to the WebPhone.
Does this work in my internet browser?
- Sure does!
Does this work in my RW desktop app where I use Messenger?
I do not have desktop Messenger; how do I download?
- Click HERE for directions on how to download desktop Messenger.
What if I have RW Phone? What’s the difference?
- If you have RW Phone, you have two options:
- Use this WebPhone. It’s ready for you to use and simple.
- Use the Jive console that is part of your RW Phone service. You need to log into your Jive Account.
- The benefit to #1 is that the phone is integrated with your patient data so it’s easy to just click on a patient’s profile and call. If a patient calls you, you’ll be able to easily pull up their profile through the call notification.
- The benefit to #2 is that you can make and receive calls through your practice phone number. You might like that continuity.
**It depends on what is more important to you but both should help you make and receive calls!
How do I set up call forwarding?
- You will need to check with your phone provider. They usually have articles in their Help Center or Support area that will tell you what to do. Or just give them a call!
They will want to know what number to forward to, so be prepared to give them the number under the dial pad in the WebPhone console.
Can I use this in the Mobile App?
- Not yet, unfortunately, but we will add this capability there as well. Stay tuned!
What happens if someone calls and I’m not there?
- Right now, if someone calls and you are not there, the call goes unanswered with no record on your end that they called. We are working to release a call log as a part of this so you can see each number or patient that called; however, it is not part of this release.
What browsers support WebPhone?
We support the most recent (N) and the two previous (N-2) versions of these browsers unless otherwise indicated:
**The Microphone needs to be enabled in order to use this service to make outgoing and receive inbound calls.