Custom Campaigns allow you to send custom text messages, email, or direct mail communications to a select audience of patients.
Create a Custom Campaign
1. Select the Campaigns tab
2. Select "Create Campaign"
3. Select a template from the library
4. To move forward, click "Next Step"
5. Choose if you would like to send email with this campaign
6. If you are sending email, format your text here
While editing your email template, you can hover over a section to see an "edit" tool. This tool has options to edit, insert sections, or delete a section altogether.
After the email template is drafted, click Next Step to continue.
7. Direct mail is physical mail sent to a patient's address. This option is always off by default. if you would like to send your patients physical mail, you can edit the template on this step to do so. Click Next Step to continue.
8. If you choose to send a text message via Custom Campaign, edit the template on this step. When complete, click Next Step to continue.
Note that your text message template must include two merge fields:
1. Your practice phone number
9. On the Filters step, you select your patient audience. The more filters you select, the more you are filtering down your audience. Click Next Step to continue.
10. On the Recipients step, you have the option to review the audience generated by the filters selected. Uncheck the "EMAIL or "TEXT" box to prevent a patient from receiving your custom campaign. Use the "Add More Recipients" feature to the right if needed. Click Next Step to continue.
11. Name your campaign & set your email subject line. Click Next Step to continue.
- Name Your Campaign: This is the name your internal team will see.
- Message Subject: This is the subject line that will display in your patient's inbox. Choose something that will get their attention.
12. On the confirmation step, you are able to preview the email and text messages or to send yourself a test.
If everything looks good, you can either:
- Send Now
- Schedule Delivery - Choose a future date for the Campaign to be sent.
- If you choose "Schedule Delivery" do NOT click "Save Draft" after scheduling. Doing so cancels the scheduled communication and puts it back in "Draft" status.
- Save Draft - Save to your "My Drafts" folder to review, edit, and send at a later time.
What’s the difference between a custom campaign and an automatic communication?
Custom campaigns are one-time communications that you manually set up.
An automatic communication is something that you set up, activate, and then allow RevenueWell to send based on the set credentials.
Is there an extra cost for custom campaigns? No. If you use Direct Mail, applicable costs occur. How long are my custom campaign drafts saved for?
RevenueWell will never remove your saved drafts. They will always be available for you in the "My Drafts" section of the Campaigns tab.
If you wish to manually remove one of the drafts, hover over the campaign and click "Delete."
Can I cancel a custom campaign?
The only custom campaigns that you can cancel and delete are campaigns in the "Scheduled" status - in other words, campaigns that haven't yet been submitted for processing.
Once the campaign has been submitted, it can no longer be cancelled.
How do I add an incentive or coupon to my email campaign?
Hovering over a content area (like the text area in the above example) displays the section control buttons:
- Up/Down: moves the section up or down the message (if there are additional sections present)
- Insert Section Below, Insert Section Above: Opens a modal window letting the user select the section type to be inserted
- Delete Section: Removes section from the message
To add a coupon to your message, select "Insert Section Below" or "Insert Section Above".
You will see a pop-up screen with different types of sections you can add. Select "Coupon". Double click the coupon or select the "Edit Coupon" button as you hover over the section to edit your coupon. Complete required fields depending on the incentive you wish to run. Once complete, select "Save Coupon".
If I "Save Draft," or Replicate a Custom Campaign, will my filters be saved?
Any filters that you have selected will be saved when you click "Save Draft."
Replicating a campaign will also produce the same filters from the original campaign.
Filters will always yield a list of recipients that fit current conditions. When you return to edit the campaign at a later date, the list of recipients will reflect whoever currently matches that filter.
If I apply filters after I added patients manually, what happens to my manual patients?
If you manually add a recipient in the "Recipients" step of a custom campaign, that recipient stays in the list regardless of the filters you apply.
After choosing my filters in a custom campaign, I have no recipients in my list. Why?
This is likely because either:
- None of your patients fit the criteria
- Some criteria conflict with each other.
For instance, if you've selected two or more filters that include a timeline, make sure the time ranges don't cancel each other out.
- Another reason you may show 0 recipients is if you've selected codes with the wrong prefix (i.e. chosen the codes that begin with a "0" and not a "D"). When in doubt, always select both prefixes. For instance, when choosing the codes for a temporary crown, select both 02970 and D2970.
How does RevenueWell know that a visit is tied to a specific campaign?
A patient's visit will be tied to a campaign if any of the following is true:
- The patient clicked on "schedule an appointment" out of an email campaign and submits the appointment request online
- The patient hasn't had an appointment in the last 3 months, but the patient scheduled an appointment after getting the communication (for direct mail that means 3 days after it was sent)
- The patient comes in for a visit within 30 days of when he or she opened/read an email campaign
Clicking on the number of visits in blue font will bring you to a list of those visits.
How does RevenueWell determine the revenue for a specific campaign?
After RevenueWell determines the visits generated by a campaign, it will add up the associated revenue with those visits.
For more details, click on the number of visits generated (in blue font) to show you which visits are tied to the campaign. This table shows you when the visits occurred and what revenue was brought in from each.
My campaign shows as unable to be sent or scheduled, why is this?
This means you are currently outside the time range allowed to send text messages.
You can either wait until you are able to send the campaign, based on your selected time range. Or, you can change your text message settings.
To view the current time range settings, navigate to "Settings" > "Phone and Text Message Settings" > scroll to "Text Messages Schedule" > View or edit your time range.