You have been building custom forms and now you want to add the HIPAA consent feature. Here is how to add that option into any custom form that you need to!
Settings > Patient Forms > Forms > Add A Form:
You will recognize the same drag-n-drop format with HIPAA as the last drag option:
Upon dragging the HIPAA option to the form, you will see that you have 3 options to choose from:
- Notice of Privacy Practices (Default selection)
- HIPAA Consent
- HIPAA Authorization
All HIPAA options can be added to a document; however, the HIPAA options can only be used once per form. Keep the following rules in mind to help ease the creation of your HIPAA form:
- One option can be chosen per checkbox
- HIPAA elements will require a check to complete a form.
- When an option has been selected it will no longer be available to select again, which means it will be grayed out on other HIPAA elements:
- When all 3 options have been selected for use in the form, another element can no longer be added.
When the "Question" field has not been filled in, there will be "suggestive text" filling in the text box until you begin to type your question.
When you click to "Save Changes" the form will be saved in the forms table under the forms settings.
An example of what a HIPAA form could look like to your patients: