“It is cumbersome to have two windows open to reconcile the payment to a patient's account in the PMS.”
RevenueWell can automatically sync payments made - to both Eaglesoft and RevenueWell - to avoid that extra step! This can also help for easier reconciliation processes for your End-of-Day reporting.
There are 3 different "auto" write-back options, depending on what you are looking to do:
- You can manually enter amounts and information from RW to the PMS
- You can review a payment and manually link which patient the payment applies to; or
- You can fully automate the ability to write payments to patients when we can match the submission to the patient
If you are enrolled in RW Payments, this is a feature that you can op in/out of via your settings tab.
Settings > Payments > Preferences > RW Payments Sync Settings:
When "EDIT" is clicked In the "RW Payment Sync Settings" section, a modal will appear to be able to change the values, such as below. To get started, let's walk through the setting options!
- "Can RevenueWell post payments to patient accounts in the PMS?"
This is a drop-down for "YES" or "NO" (RW will use "RWONLINEPAYMENTS" as the default and immediately write this to the payment types in the PMS.)
- "Which provider should RevenueWell use to apply payments to Eaglesoft?"
This is a drop-down where you want to select any preferred name from the list.
- RW will automatically write RWONLINEPAYMENTS to the PMS
- "Can we automatically post payments in the PMS when the patient's name and date of birth are a match?"
You can also have the payments automatically sync when we are able to match the patient name, DOB, and email address as it was entered in the payment.
Choose "Save" to confirm your choices!
HOW IT WORKS:
Your customer will make their payment through the portal:
You will receive the payment into RevenueWell and it appears in the Recently Processed Payments.
It will appear in Today’s Items section under Pending Payments on the home screen or the Payments to Finalize table.
You will click Review on the payment and the Payment View modal appears with the option to Link a patient, if not already matched, such as the screen below:
Now it's time to review the Payment! Once you find the patient you need to connect, you click on their name to link the patient, such as the example below:
Now see how it looks in Eaglesoft:
When you go to the patient’s account, you will see an alert regarding Unassigned Credits.
An alert will also show on the ledger for the patient.
When you have finished distributing the Payment, you will see a new line item of “Modified” that will reflect that the item was redistributed.
Congrats on syncing your payments from RevenueWell to Eaglesoft, using Payments Write Back!
For addition questions, visit our Q & A article HERE!